Improve Your Healthcare ROI
For most U.S. businesses, spend on employee healthcare represents their second largest investment, trailing only payroll.
But this healthcare spend is plagued by systemic problems:
- Enterprise healthcare costs are out of control: The already massive investment has increased routinely by 5% annually, out of proportion to broader wage or inflation trends.
- The member experience is confusing and frustrating: The average Net Promoter Score for the health insurance industry is 8 , and only 4% of Americans understand common health insurance terms.
- Administration is plagued by waste: The complexity of the U.S. insurance and provider payment systems have created a need for excess overhead–contributing heavily to the whopping ⅓ of our total healthcare spend considered waste.
It doesn't have to be this way. Here's what we've done to address these problems:
- Improved the member experience
- Drove down medical trend
- Reduced administrative waste
Download the report to see how we improved ROI
1 – NICE Satmetrix, US Net Promoter Score Benchmarks for 2018. Industry average includes: UnitedHealthcare, BlueCross / BlueShield, Cigna, Aetna, Anthem2 – PolicyGenius, Inc. According to a 2016 study of 2,000 people, only 4 percent understood common health insurance terms3 – NCBI, The Milbank Quarterly, Waste in the U.S. Health Care System: A Conceptual Framework